1st line Technician / Helpdesk Engineer
based in the office – circa £25k
You will preferably have experience supporting IT from an MSP background, providing technical services to our growing customer base.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware calls/tickets.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the help desk system maintaining a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Execute software installation and deployment to computing systems if necessary.
- Assist with Active Directory management.
- Contribute updates to technical documentation, procedures and process definitions.
- Assist infrastructure team with network and infrastructure initiatives including both hardware and systems administration.
- Experience in a technical support or service delivery function within an IT environment
- Working knowledge of technical support (break-fix) for Windows desktops/laptops.
- Win7/W10 support knowledge.
- A general understanding of networks – an understanding of TCP/IP, Switches, Routers and VPN.
- Believes in personal development and willing to continually improve.
- Can inspire confidence in our stakeholders.
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships.
- Willing to update and adapt skills as required by the demands of the role.
- Able to work occasional weekends / out of hours an advantage.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical customers at all levels.
- Preferably come from an MSP background
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers 2003 onwards.
- Knowledge of Office 365.
- Working knowledge of Windows domain environment.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac environment.