2nd Line Application Support Role
Location: Hybrid, Ashford
Salary: Up to £28k
Do you have experience in 1st or 2nd Line Support and are looking to advance your career?
Are you a strong communicator who thrives in fast-paced environments?
Interested in technology and up for significant challenges?
Would you like to work remotely with only 1 day a week in the office?
This could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. In this professional team you will find the ideal setting to progress in your technical career. As a 2nd Line Support Agent, your role is crucial in efficiently managing customer tickets. This involves accurate identification, categorisation, diagnosis, and resolution, all while maintaining clear communication and meeting KPIs.
The role of 2nd Line is essential in delivering SaaS products to an international client base, ensuring high-quality service delivery 24/7. This means working in shifts to accommodate global operations. The 2nd line team is key contact for customers, providing expert support on live systems, handling escalations, and tackling various technical challenges like database issues and automation faults.
As a 2nd Line Support Agent, you will:
- Handle customer tickets efficiently—identifying, categorising, prioritising, diagnosing, and managing, while providing clear updates and meeting KPIs.
- Deliver SaaS products to a global client base, ensuring high-standard support and maintenance in a 24/7 operation.
- Engage directly with customers, offer expert support on live systems, and handle escalations and additional technical issues like database troubleshooting and automation failures.
- Monitor and triage support requests via our helpdesk system.
- Respond to customer inquiries, ensuring adherence to SLAs.
- Collaborate with escalation teams for timely customer support.
- Escalate unresolved issues, resolve incidents, and fulfil requests promptly.
- Be flexible for shift work and mentor 1st Line Support.
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous Technical Support experience – ideally 2nd line
- Experience with support ticketing systems (e.g., Zendesk).
- Proven ability in leading customer support and resolving issues swiftly.
- Familiarity with diverse support technologies and direct client communication.
- Team-oriented mindset, adaptable across time zones, with decision-making skills based on support ticket analysis.
- Commitment to excellent customer service and client empathy.