£25k – £30k DOE
This is an office based role
Our client is a global manufacturer and is now looking or an IT Support Engineer to join their internal team. The IT Support Engineer will be supporting their IT systems’ smooth operation, providing internal support, and acting as a liaison with external partners. The successful candidate will be instrumental in major projects like software rollouts and potentially bringing key IT functions in-house.
- Provide in-house support for IT issues, including setting up PCs and troubleshooting printers.
- Liaise with external IT support helpdesk and website provider.
- Learn and implement minor website amendments using Python.
- Assist with new SAP software and barcoding software deployment throughout 2024.
- Conduct periodic data cleansing and update lighting product codes.
- Manage the company’s IT system, ensuring procedural compliance and maintaining IT equipment records.
- Perform compliance maintenance for card payment machines and manage other IT-related tasks as needed.
Additional Qualifications & Skills
- Solid experience in a 2nd line support role.
- Understanding of MPLS and VPN fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- Good understanding of WAN and LAN environments.
- Familiarity with VMware.
- Proficient in Office 365 and Exchange online.
- Ability to handle demanding customer environments and workloads under pressure.
- Detailed understanding of client hardware and operating systems for effective troubleshooting.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
- ITIL Foundation certificate.