Effective Date: 2nd January 2022
This privacy notice provides a framework of understanding about the personal data that is collected by Constant Recruitment Ltd (“hereinafter called the Data Controller”), as required by law including the provisions of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Controller – The Data Controller is Constant Recruitment Ltd with the registered office at Suite 14, Cobbs Wood House, Chart Road, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1EP
The personal data collected will be controlled and processed by the Data Controller. Constant Recruitment Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner, registration reference C1079726
Information We Collect
We may collect personal data about you in variety of ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; through phone; through job applications; in connection with in-person recruitment; or in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect a selection of personal data dependant on the nature of the relationship, including, but not limited to (as permitted under local law):
- contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- username and password when you register on our site;
- information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact. (The Controller assumes that the other person previously gave an authorization for such communication); and other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites.
In addition, if you are a candidate, you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal data (as permitted under local law):
- employment and education history.
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills.
- citizenship and work authorization status.
- tax-related information.
- information provided by references; and
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
and where required by law and explicit consent has been provided by you:
- disabilities and health-related information.
- results of drug tests, criminal and other background checks.
- Special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief in order to monitor diversity in recruitment
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The Controller collects and uses the data gathered for the following purposes (as permitted under local law):
- providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work.
- creating and managing online accounts.
- managing our client and vendor relationships.
- responding to individuals’ inquiries and claims.
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analysing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
- where permitted under law, and only if you have given your consent, to send promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications.
- where permitted under law and only if you have given your consent, to communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research.
In addition to the activities listed above, candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, as permitted under local law, we use the information described in this privacy notice for the following purposes:
- providing you with job opportunities
- assessing your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
- performing data analytics, such as (i) analysing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analysing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
All processing will be carried out based on adequate legal grounds which may fall into several categories, including:
- explicit consent from the data subject, where required by applicable law e.g., when you tick a box to receive email newsletters
- to ensure that we comply with a statutory or contractual requirement (e.g., our client may require your personal data), and/ or a requirement necessary to enter a contract. You are obliged to provide this data and if you do not, we will be unable to provide you with our services e.g., providing you with job opportunities or processing your personal data to ensure that your wages and taxes are paid.
- it is essential and necessary for the legitimate interest of the Data Controller e.g., letting the user access the website to be provided with the services offered.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
The Data Controller may process personal data for certain legitimate business purposes, which includes all the following:
- where the process enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our clients and candidates.
- to identify and prevent fraud.
- to enhance security of our network and information systems.
- to better understand how people interact with our websites.
- for direct marketing purposes.
- to provide postal communications to you which we think will be of interest to you.
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes, we will ensure that we keep your rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to such processing, and if you wish to do so please email: email@example.com Please bear in mind that if you exercise your right to object this may affect our ability to carry out and deliver services to you for your benefit.
How We Process and Protect Personal Information
We process the personal data we collect for the purposes defined in this notice and for a period only as long as is necessary for the purposes we collected it. Different laws may also obligations may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. In order to ensure the appropriate security and confidentiality of the personal data, we apply to the following security measures:
- Encryption of data in transit.
- Strong user authentication controls.
- Hardened network infrastructure.
- Network monitoring solutions.
How long we Store the Data We Collect
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes. We are legally obliged to retain some records, such as those used for accounting which in most instances will be for at least seven years.
Information We Share
We do share your personal information with potential employers, but only with your consent. We do not share your personal information with anyone else. The only exception might be if a lawful request was made by a law enforcement authority, such as the police or HMRC.
All of our clients are based within the UK. We do not transfer personal data to clients in other countries either within or outside of the European Economic Area.
Your Rights as Data Subject
We acknowledge your right to be informed also to request confirmation regarding the personal data we hold about you, your right to be provided with copies, also several other rights such as a request for us to stop processing your personal data or to have it removed from our data base. You can exercise these rights by contacting the company at its registered address ideally in writing or by email, we may require further proof of your identity before acting upon your request.
We also respect your right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data at any time. Should you wish to exercise this right we will remove your personal data from our data base as soon as possible.
You also have the right to complain to the regulatory body for the UK, the Information Commissioners Office, www.ico.org.uk if you believe we have breached the data protection act.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This privacy notice (including any addenda) may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our privacy practices and legal updates. For significant changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Sites indicating at the top of each Notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please write to:
The Data Privacy Officer,
Constant Recruitment Ltd,
Cobbs Wood House,
Kent. TN23 1EP